Wednesday 5 January 2022

Same old, same old

It was back to work for me yesterday, but only for a couple of days. It was good to catch up with colleagues after the long Christmas - New Year break, but I must admit I’m feeling quite lethargic, at the moment.

It’s probably something to do with the time of year, but just in case it was something more sinister, I performed a lateral-flow test at home, yesterday morning. Fortunately, it turned out negative, but regular testing for Covid, is not a route I want to go down. Some people seem obsessed with the idea though, testing themselves every time they leave the house – even if they’re just popping out for a loaf of bread. Small wonder that lateral-flow test kits are in short supply!

Moving swiftly on, the lethargy has extended to blogging, but here I think it’s more a question of finding something novel and new o write about, instead of repeating stuff from the past. As an example of this, I started writing about Dry January, before realising I had written similar pieces about giving up the booze in 2015, 2019 & 2020. So, not wishing to repeat myself, or bore my readers, I aborted the piece.

This got me thinking and looking for other examples of a season-related theme cropping up on an annual basis. I didn’t have to look far, as “Old Ales” crop up in 2015, 2015, 2018, 2019 & 2021, proving just how seasonal some topics are – or how predictable I am becoming!

So, with nothing much new to write about, at the moment, I will sign off in a moment, and look for inspiration elsewhere.  The forecast is looking half decent for tomorrow, so a walk down into Tonbridge and around the Sportsground, might be in order. It will certainly help blow the cobwebs away, and who knows, I might just have to call in somewhere for a swift pint – Old Ale, of course, which means I won't be doing Dry January!

 

2 comments:

Dave said...

Don't overestimate us. Our desire for reading beer blogs outdoes our unwillingness to tolerate repetition!

Paul Bailey said...

I never overestimate anyone, Dave. Good to know you are enjoying the beer blogs.