Saturday 10 August 2019

A hectic week

It’s been a rather hectic week, with two trips up to London, a surveillance audit at work, plus the usual run of the mill stuff that constitutes a busy working life in 21st Century Britain.

The visits to London were at the start and then the finish of the working week, and both were connected with CAMRA’s Great British Beer Festival, but as I’m intending to write about them both separately, all you need to know for now is that Monday evening’s trip was for the British Guild of Beer Writer’s Summer Party, whilst Friday was an all day, so that I could attend GBBF.

The connection between the former and the latter is that every year the Beer Writer’s Guild hold a party which, by tradition, takes place on the evening before the opening day of the Great British Beer Festival.

Both events were good in their own right, and there’s lots to tell about each one, but this week Southeastern Trains have certainly had their money’s worth out of me, and that’s with the one-third discount which my Senior Railcard qualifies me for.

More importantly, I have drank some excellent beers, met lots of interesting people, some of whom I know, whist others I didn’t, but this weekend I think both liver and wallet deserve a rest!

So it’s a case of knuckling down and bashing away on the keyboard to bring you all the latest news and gossip about these two linked and GBBF-inspired events.

2 comments:

Martin Taylor said...

Hope you didn't meet any strange people in That London.

Paul Bailey said...

No strange people Martin, but you wouldn’t expect me to answer otherwise!

Plenty of interesting people at both events, plus the chance to experience two very different aspects of the contemporary UK beer scene.