Wednesday 6 July 2016

Worthington White Shield Offer



A quick heads up to all Worthington White Shield devotees; the beer is currently on offer at Waitrose with three bottles available for a fiver. This represents quite a saving on the usual retail price of £1.99 a bottle, and is the first time I have ever seen this iconic beer discounted. Needless to say, I’ve stocked up on a few bottles and will be getting some more before the offer ends.

I wrote quite a lengthy piece on this historic Burton Pale Ale back in March, so I won’t repeat myself, apart from saying today’s White Shield is a far less complex beer than the one I remember drinking back in the 70’s and 80’s. I suspect this is due to the brewers making the beer far more foolproof as, unlike the old White Shield, the current version pours bright virtually right down to the last drop. This is indicative of very little additional conditioning occurring in the bottle; but perhaps this is the price of fame?

Anyway, if you want to pick yourself up a little bit of history, why not take advantage of this special offer and grab yourself a few bottles of this iconic brand.

No comments: