Wednesday 12 June 2024

Barcelona, our second port of call

We docked at Barcelona this morning, and the ship won't be leaving until 10.30pm tonight. Despite warmings of rain, the weather today has so far been warm and sunny. Mrs PBT's and I caught the shuttle bus into town earlier this morning, although we didn't stay long, having been to Barcelona on a number of previous occasions.

After stocking up on various goodies, we returned to the ship and treated ourselves to a spot of lunch in the posh restaurant. I say "treated", but the restaurant is all inclusive, although it's nice to be waited on sometimes, especially if it means avoiding the mele that ensues in the buffet at busy times.

We've got a day at sea tomorrow, before docking at Civitavecchia - the nearest port to Rome. I've booked a full on tour around the Eternal City, which should be interesting, especially as it's my first visit to the Italian capital.

I haven't managed to connect my laptop to the internet yet, hence this quick post on my phone, but I have been typing up loads of stuff as Word documents. These will be added to the blog, when we return to the UK.

This wasn't the photo I was planning to use, although it will do for the time being. In the meantime I'm being hassled by Mrs PBT's to nip along to the onboard launderette and check if our washing is ready. It's not all glamour, on this cruising lark.

5 comments:

retiredmartin said...

I though Ashford was the Eternal City 🤔

Anonymous said...

If only you'd keep all your posts to this length they might be more digestible ...

Paul Bailey said...

You will have to take these little missives as you find them, anonymous, as I don't do requests! 😁

Stafford Paul said...

Paul,
But will you be back in time for the Proper Day Out Will and Martin are organising in Stafford on Wednesday 3rd July ?

Paul Bailey said...

Hi Paul, I will be back, but not sure yet about the date, as it's one of my working days. 🙂