Saturday 5 February 2011

Brakspear's Organic Gold



Our local Sainsbury's currently has Brakspear's Oxford Gold on offer at two bottles for £3.00. I bought a couple and have to agree with the description on the label, "Craft brewed with a zesty aroma and fruity flavour." Burnished gold in colour, rather than pale gold, the beer has a very satisfying and thirst quenching bitter finish. At 4.6%, and an Organic Beer to boot, this is definitely one to look out for.

I believe that this used to be a bottle-conditioned beer, but this is no longer the case. Readers will probably be aware of my views on BCA's, so I am not complaining; in fact I'm glad of the fact that I can stick the bottle in the fridge for an hour or so and then drink the beer straight away. No having to wait days for the contents to settle following the journey home from the supermarket!

3 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

Agreed - a nice beer, and probably sells much more now it's no longer bottle conditioned. But interesting that it's described as "craft brewed" when it's produced by one of Britain's top three ale brewers.

Leigh said...

Yeah, I've had many a bottle of this just watching the footy. Decent bottled sessioner.

Paul Bailey said...

Could one argue that Witney is still a "craft brewery" despite being owned by Marstons?