Wednesday 3 October 2018

A significant milestone


There was something rather special  concerning my recent  post about Haworth; the one where I claimed we were avoiding all things Brontë. The item I am referring to, and the thing which makes the Brontë post special, isn’t glaringly obvious, and I must admit it slipped my attention, despite being vaguely aware of its approaching imminence.

I could keep you guessing for a while, but that would be unkind, so whilst I appreciate what I’m about to reveal, may not mean much to some people, it does to me; even though my realisation  of the event's significance only dawned on me yesterday.

So without further ado, I can reveal that the article posted on 27th September, represents the 1,000th article posted on Paul’s Beer & Travel Blog!

This is a real milestone for a blog which I started writing in my spare time, and the real exciting news is that next month will see a further milestone reached, as Paul’s Beer & Travel Blog will be celebrating its 10th birthday.

There aren’t any photos to share from that initial November 2008 post, but the one at the top shows yours truly, in familiar pose, enjoying a well-earned beer.

6 comments:

Matthew said...

Well done indeed, Paul. A significant error. I think people believe we knock these posts out in ten minutes; it takes hours to carefully weave those typos in for Russ to find ;-()


Martin

Dave said...

Thanks for all the blogging Paul. I for one have enjoyed reading your material for a long time. Hope you continue to post 2000.

Paul Bailey said...

Thanks Martin. It would be nice if we could knock these post out in 10 minutes, but then it wouldn't be half as much fun. Mind you, you're much more prolific with regard to posting than I am.

Cheers. Paul

Russtovich said...

Congrats Paul!

And may I say that, if you are approaching the 10th year and have just passed 1,000 posts, then your blogging is becoming more prolific. :)

I think the first post of yours I read was about Kent pubs last year.

Here's to the next 10 years, and the the next 1,000 (or more) posts.

Cheers!

Russtovich said...

Oh, and being the bigger man I'm ignoring Matthew/Martin's dig. :)

Etu said...

Makes my two million plus red arrows on the Daily Mail's comments threads seem pretty paltry.

Bravo, Paul!

Cheers,

E