Wednesday 19 August 2009

Munich






Tomorrow my son and I are off to enjoy the beery delights of Munich; capital of the Free State of Bavaria and Germany's third largest city. It will be my third visit and I am really looking forward to it. We'll be there for nine days, hoping the sample the wares of all the city's breweries, as well as some from further afield.

This trip we're going armed with a copy of the "Beer Drinkers Guide to Munich", a well-researched guide to the best of the city's beer gardens and beer halls, written by Larry Hawthorne, an American author who seems to have devoted the past 20 years to producing the guide, which is now in its sixth edition.

I don't have a lap top (and I don't think my wife will lend me hers), so I won't be posting for a while, but I'll be taking notes and plenty of photo's to report back on my return.

I'll sign off now then as we've got an early morning flight, and I need my beauty sleep. Auf wiedersehen and Prost!

No comments: